Thank you for visiting our websites
1. Name and contact details of Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer for Bauverlag BV GmbH can be reached via the above address, c/o Thorsten Beermann, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
2. Collection and processing of personal data and type and purpose of use
The following data protection provisions provide information on the type and scope of processing of so-called personal data performed by the Controller. Personal data means all information that relates to an identified or identifiable living person.
The data and information you provide us with is used, among other things, for processing orders, processing payments, delivering goods, providing customer service, and for customer campaigns (e.g. prize draws) or marketing and advertising purposes as indicated below.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is either the law or your consent.
a. When visiting our Websites
When you access our Websites, the browser you use on your end device automatically sends information to our Websites' server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called logfile. The following information is collected without you needing to do anything and is saved until such time as it is automatically erased:
• IP address of computer making the query;
• Date and time of access;
• Name and URL of file accessed;
• Website, from which the page was accessed (Referrer URL);
• Browser used; and
• where applicable, the operating system of your computer; and
• the name of your access provider.
We process the data indicated for administrative purposes, in particular to guarantee a smooth connection to the Website and comfortable use of our Website, and for analyzing the security and stability of the system.
b. For execution of a contract
We process personal data in accordance with the provisions on data protection in order to fulfill contractual obligations (Article 6(1), point b) GDPR). Data are processed in the context of execution of our contracts with our customers and in order to conduct pre-contractual measures upon request.
c. For direct marketing
Insofar as we receive your mailing and/or email address in connection with the sale of goods or services, and provided you have consented to such, we reserve the right to regularly send you offers for other products in our range that are similar to the products you have already purchased, either by mail or email. We have a legitimate interest in the use of your personal data for direct marketing of related products and services (Article 6(1)(1), point f) GDPR). You can object to this use of your mailing and/or email address at any time by sending a message to one of the contact partners indicated. This does not cost you anything other than standard mailing/network data rates.
If we have received your mailing and email address in connection with your participation in a prize draw on our Website or at an in-person event, your data will be processed for the purpose of drawing a winner; if we have received your mailing and email address in connection with your participation in a survey, your data will be processed for the purpose of delivering the results of the survey.
We furthermore reserve the right to regularly inform you of offers on products from our range, either by mail or email. The use of your data is based on Article 6(1)(1), point b) GDPR.
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing purposes at any time. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes. You can submit your objection to firstname.lastname@example.org in any format using the subject line "Objection" and stating your name and address.
d. Signing up for our newsletter
Provided you have explicitly consented to such according to Article 6(1)(1), point a) GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our regular newsletter. You only need to give us your surname and an email address to receive the newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time, such as via the link at the bottom of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com at any time to inform us that you wish to unsubscribe. The lawfulness of any communication conducted up to that point shall not be affected by your unsubscribing.
e. Using our contact form
You can get in touch with us via the contact form provided on our website. To do this, you must provide your name and a valid email address so that we can see who the query is coming from and respond to it. Data processing for the purposes of getting in touch with us is performed according to Article 6(1)(1), point a) GDPR on the basis of your explicit consent.
f. Signing up for our customer portal under "Bauwelt"
On www.bauwelt.de, you have the option of signing up for our customer portal which allows you to test the Bauwelt Digital Upgrade for free. We process the data you provide when registering on the basis of Article 6(1)(1), point b) GDPR for the purpose of sending you the items.
g. Applicant data
We process the data you send us in connection with your application in order to assess your suitability for a certain position and to conduct the application process. The legal basis for processing your personal data is primarily Sec. 26 BDSG (German Federal Data Protection Act). Thereafter, we are permitted to process data so long as this is necessary in connection with making a decision on establishing an employment relationship. If data are required after the conclusion of the application process, e.g. for pursuing legal claims, we may process data on the basis of the conditions of Article 6(1)(1), point f) GDPR in order to exercise legitimate interests; our interest in this case consists in the enforcement or defense of claims.
h. Using the "Bauwelt" mobile app
When you use the mobile app, an encrypted device ID (UDID, IMEI, SIM) from your mobile end device may also be transmitted so that you can use this application on your specific device. We need these data in order to provide the service and support. While you are using the mobile app, we automatically track the start and end of your session, any activated transactions (URLs) and, where applicable, any data you transmit and/or generate for the purposes of error and performance analysis and to track activated transactions (URLs). If you would like to use location-related services, you must consent to the collection and use of location data. You can block access to your location data at any time via the settings in your mobile app. If you delete the mobile app from your mobile end device, we will stop collecting personal data. Insofar as Bauverlag mobile apps are provided in cooperation with app providers, these providers may require customers to accept their T&Cs and privacy policies in order to use the Bauverlag mobile app. Bauverlag does not monitor and/or sign off on these policies. Please note that app providers may determine the way, in which the Bauverlag mobile app uses and processes the data collected. For further details, please see the T&Cs and privacy policies of the respective app provider.
3. Forwarding data to third parties
We only forward your personal data to third parties if:
• You have given your explicit consent according to Article 6(1)(1), point a) GDPR;
• The data must be forwarded according to Article 6(1)(1), point f) GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and there are no grounds to assume that you have a legitimate interest in your data not being forwarded that outweighs our interest;
• In the event of a legal obligation to forward the data according to Article 6(1)(1), point c) GDPR; and
• This is legally permissible and necessary according to Article 6(1)(1), point b) GDPR in order to execute contractual relationships with you.
Insofar as we have commissioned sub-contractors to fulfill duties for us, we select these partners carefully and commit them to contractual obligations pursuant to Article 28 GDPR.
Detailed information on the cookies used on our Websites can be found here:
BGL - Baugeräteliste
Dach + Holzbau
Who is Who
5. Links to other websites
6. Data subject rights
As a data subject, you can enforce the following rights against us:
You have the right:
• to request information on the personal data concerning you which we are processing, pursuant to Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you can demand information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients, to whom your data will be or have been disclosed, the planned retention period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, the right to object, or the right to lodge a complaint, where your data came from in the event that we did not collect them, and regarding the existence of any automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful, detailed information on these processes as applicable;
• to demand immediate rectification of incomplete personal data which we are storing or to have incomplete personal data which we are storing completed, pursuant to Article 16 GDPR;
• to demand the erasure of personal data concerning you which we are storing, unless processing is necessary for the exercising of the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons in the public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, pursuant to Article 17 GDPR;
• to demand restriction of processing concerning your personal data, insofar as you are contesting the correctness of the data, the processing is unlawful but you object to erasure of your data and we no longer require the data but you do require these for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, or if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
• to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to demand transfer of your data to another controller, pursuant to Article 20 GDPR;
• to object to the processing of your personal data, provided there exists grounds for such which arise from your particular situation or you are objecting to direct marketing, pursuant to Article 21 GDPR. In the case of the latter, you have a general right to object which we will observe regardless of whether or not you indicate a particular situation. If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw consent or object, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org,
• to withdraw any consent you have given to us at any time, pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR. This will result in us no longer undertaking the data processing that was based on this consent; and
• to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, pursuant to Article 77 GDPR. Generally speaking, you can lodge this complaint with the supervisory authority at your ordinary place of residence or place of work.
7. Data retention
Our aim is to limit our processing activities as much as possible with regard to your personal data. Even where precise retention periods are not indicated in this Policy, we will only store your personal data for as long as we need them in order to fulfill the purpose, for which they were originally collected, or for as long as the law stipulates, where applicable.
8. Data privacy
We take suitable technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continually improved in line with advances in technology.